Berry Springs, Jumping Crocodiles Cruise, Fogg Dam & Outback Pub 1 Day Minivan
Join our luxurious small group tour for 6-10 guests, traveling in a comfortable minivan. Spoil yourself with a visit to the local Hot Springs in Berry Springs Nature Reserve, swim, and have lunch in the tropical forest setting. Enjoy family fun with the Jumping Crocodile Cruise and stop at Fogg Dam for bird watching. End the tour with a relaxing drink at a local outback pub, reflecting on an amazing day.
This tour will suit everybody, from young to the young at heart, and is the perfect relaxing day around Darwin. See all attractions, without traveling for long periods of time. You will be picked up in front of your hotel and dropped off after an exciting day, in the outdoors of the Top End.
1-day Tour: Highlights of the Top End tour are:
– Departure will be at the comfortable time of 8.30 am in front of your hotel. Please be 10 minutes before your pick-up time in front of your hotel. We will introduce you to the rich history of Darwin, including Cyclone Tracy and World War Two, before living Darwin.
– After our short town tour, we will drive to our first destination, Berry Springs Nature Park, which offers beautiful natural pools and warm springs, surrounded by stunning tropical plants and trees. You can swim or float on one of our swim noodles down a small stream, fringed with pandanus palms and other tropical plants…. A little piece of heaven. The location is known as Laniyuk by the indigenous Kungarakany people and must have been a great place for rejuvenation, then as well as today. The water is very clear, especially in the morning, before the crowds arrive and you might like to bring your goggles to spot beautiful tropical fish or maybe even a turtle.
– While you are enjoying yourself in the beautiful warm springs, your guide will prepare a mouth-watering picnic lunch, to enjoy on the shady grass. Close by you will find restrooms, with showers and the chance to get changed into dry clothes.
– From here we make our way to Adelaide River to board our exciting JUMPING CROCODILE CRUISE. Adelaide River has one of the highest concentrations of Saltwater Crocodiles in the world! You will be enthralled by a spectacular display of the hunting skills of these apex predators and board for your 1-hour Jumping Crocodile cruise.
– On our way back toward Darwin we will stop at a magical place called Fogg Dam. The road along the low dam wall allows us to drive through the middle of the billabong and get up close to the wildlife. From various viewing platforms, we can spot a great variety of Birdlife, such as the Australian Darter, Jacanas, Brolgas, and many more of the 280 species of birds in the Top End.
– What better way to finish the day, full of the wonders of the Top End than with a visit to a classic outback pub to enjoy a lovely cold beverage? Sit back and relax, and have a drink on us, before our drive back to Darwin.
- Transport in Toyota Minibus, small groups of 6 -10 guests only,
- Experienced guide,
- Small Darwin town tour,
- Jumping Crocodile Cruise,
- Swimming at Berry Spring,
- Delicious gourmet picnic lunch,
- Iced called water all day,
- 1 standard drink (beer, wine, soft drink) at the pub.
- Healthy snacks
- Sun cream, Mosquito repellent
- Swim noodle
Child seat for the age 0-8 years old is available on request. Children under the age of 2 travel for free. Infants are not recommended for this tour. Average fitness level required. Grade: Easy
What to bring:
- Sun protection clothing: light, long arm shirt, hat, light shoes, water shoes if available, goggles.
- Clothes to change into after swiming, to visit other attractions.
- Swim gear and your own towel
- 1 small backpack per person
- Refill water bottle
- Camera, Phone
We are fully insured, and your guide will make sure to advise you, to keep you safe while on tour with us. As we are traveling into the nature of the Top End, it is important to follow the tour guide’s instructions and all times. Small children need to be supervised by at least one parent at all times.
We like to inform you that some activities on this tour are at your own risk: like swimming and bush walking and we highly recommend taking out your own travel insurance before embarking on our tour.
Tours sometimes need to be adjusted due to weather and road conditions. Sometimes the tour itinerary has to be swapped around, depending on cruise availability.
Please read our full terms and conditions in detail on our website: www.australia2001travel.com.au
Berry Springs Tour Schedule
Learn what our tours include
1. Darwin Tour
2. Berry Springs Nature Park
3. Jumping Crocodile Cruise
4. Fogg Dam
5. Classic Outback Pub
The Top End
The perfect travel destination
Our Tour Reviews
Discovering the Beauty of Northern Territory through the Eyes of Our Happy Travelers
Her extensive knowledge of the area, best places to swim, (avoiding crowds) made for a memorable day.
Sabine is a very knowledgeable and funny tour guide that ensured our experience was well above that of what we expected.
Well worth the money for the small tour experience. Sabine was very flexible and accommodating.